Panch Pokhari Trek Guide / Itinerary / Cost 2017
The Panch Pokhari Trek is a travel to one of the remote region of Nepal where lies the five beautiful glacier lakes unspoiled by urbanization. The Panch Pokhari is situated in a wild nature in the north-east region of Sindhupalchowk district of Nepal. The Panch Pokhari is a holy lake of hindus and locale Buddhists too. The lake is located in a beautiful natural setting that’s why it has become a travel destination in the nepali tourism industry. The Panch Pokhari is resided in the elevation of 4100meters giving its meaning as “Five Lakes” in locale language. The region of Panch Pokhari is encompassed by various Himalayas which are Langtang Himalayan Range, Jugal Himalayan Range, Mt. Dorje Lakpa, Mt. Phurbi Chyaachu, Mt. Madiya, and others Himalayas. The Panch Pokhari region is geographically landlocked making it remote and unspoiled from outside world. There are various traditional villages in Panch Pokhari region who have been living in traditional mountain culture, society and religion different from outside world.
The Panch Pokhari Trek begins from a six hours vehicle ride from Kathmandu city landing at Chautara of Sindhupalchowk district. The trekking trail to Panch Pokhari is a delightful walking adventure traversing through lush forests, green mountains, traditional farming lands, traditional villages and high hills of typical Nepal that shows views of far off mountains lost in horizon. The higher elevation regions are mostly inhabited by Tamang, Sherpa, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, Magar communities who are originally called the Himalayan people or mountain people. The Panch Pokhari region is a full wild nature with full of natural wonders like caves, valleys, glacier lakes, waterfalls, lush forests etc. The Panch Pokhari region is globally recognized as ninth high wetland of the globe which is still unspoiled by urbanization.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet our SNFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing, relax
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in world heritage sites with Tour Guide by private car. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Chautara 1418m with local bus (5/6 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 4: Trek from Chautara to Phurse 2218m (5/6 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Phurse to Kami Kharka 2985m (4/5 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Kami Kharka to Pauwa Bas 3315m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Pauwa Bas to Hille Banjyang 3720m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Hille Banjyang to Nasim Pati 3631m (4/5 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Nasim Pati to Panch Pokhari 4060m (4/5 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Exploring Five Lakes and surrounding hills. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Panch Pokhari to Nasim Pati 3631m (3/4 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Nasim Pati to Dukang 2310m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Dukang to Dhap 1250m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Dhap to Melamchi Pul 870m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Drive from Melamchi Pul to Kathmandu with local bus (4/5 hours) and transfer to Hotel.
Day 16: Full day Sightseeing in world heritage sites with Tour Guide by private car. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 17: Departure to International Airport.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the in trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Everest trekking map.
- Both ways domestic flight from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.
Jeans or slacks
Towel and toilet kit
Gloves or mittens
Sleeping bag, warm to 20 degrees F, either down or fibrefill (or you can rent one in Kathmandu)
Parka, down or fibre fill; a ski jacket is ok
Sweater, wool shirt or acrylic pile jacket
Duffel bag, canvas or nylon, without a frame (for porters to carry)
Daypack or rucksack, waterproof, for you to carry
Water bottle 1 liter or 1 quart; be sure that it does not leak
2 Reviews on Panch Pokhari Trek Guide / Itinerary / Cost 2017 View All