Kharta Valley Trek
Kharta Valley Trek 2023/2024
Kharta Valley is isolated region along with Mt. Everest which consists of the Himalayan ranges of Everest region and the arid Tibetan plateau. The Kharta Valley trek starts from Kharta valley 140 km south-east from Shegar taking us to pristine wilderness, beautiful Alpine Lakes and beautiful mountain views. The beautiful valleys like Karma Valley, Khangseung valley and Khangseung Glacier make you feel different than other trekking in Tibet. On the way we can view Mt. Makalu , Mt. Everest, Pethangtse, Lhotse and others.We spend several days in a spectacular high-altitude meadow, exploring, relaxing and snapping pictures.
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3660m)
Day 2: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 3: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 4: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m), 261 km
Day 5: Sightseeing and drive from Gyantse to Shigatse (3900m), 90km
Day 6: Sightseeing and drive from Shigatse to Xegar (4050m), 244km
Day 7: Drive from Xegar to Kharta (3690m)
Day 8: Trek from Kharta to Lhundrubling (3990m)
Day 9: Cross Shao La (4970m) and trek to Kaamo Tsangpo valley
Day 10: Trek from Kaamo Tsangpo valley to Khangsung valley (4300m)
Day 11: Trek from Khangsung valley to Pethang Ringmo (4960m)
Day 12: Trek from Pethang Ringmo to Hoppo (4800m)
Day 13: Trek from Hoppo to Kangshung base camp (5090m)
Day 14: Trek from Kangshung Base Camp to Base of Langma La (4800m)
Day 15: Cross Langma La (5390m) and trek to Lundrubling (3990m)
Day 16: Trek from Lundrubling to Kharta (3690m)
Day 17: Drive from Kharta to Rongbuk (5000m), trek to Everest North face base camp (5150m)
Day 18: Drive from Rongbuk to Kerung (3780m)
Day 19: Drive from Kerung to Kathmandu
Land transportation by van or bus.
Accommodation on hotel/guest house on BB basis.
During trekking period – stay at tent (camping)
Sightseeing by experienced English speaking Tibetan guide.
Monastery entrance fee as per itinerary.
All airport transfer
All equipment for camping with Tibetan staffs during trekking.
Yak and yakman for transportation of luggage and trekking equipment.
All freshly cooked meals during trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Lunch and dinner
Nepal re-entry visa fees
Airfare Lhasa-Kathmandu or vv / train ticket to onward destination
Insurance of any kind
Expenses of any personal nature
- Day 01: Fly to Lhasa and transfer to Lhasa city
- Day 02-03: Two Full day sightseeing in Lhasa (visit Potala Palace , Norbulinka, Drepung & Sera monasteries, Jokhang Temple)
- Day 04: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse
- Day 05: Drive from Gyantse to Shigatse
- Day 06: Drive from Shigatse to Shegar
- Day 07: Drive from Shegar to Kharta Valley .
- Day 08-15: Trek begins from Kharta valley over Shao La pass (4790m) & up the Kangshung valley to East Base Camp of Mt. Everest (5000m)
- Day 16: Explore Everest Base Camp
- Day 17: Back to Shegar
- Day 18: Drive Shegar to Zhangmu
- Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu
- Airport transfers
- Twin sharing accommodations in tourist standard hotels including breakfast
- Travel permits and visa fee
- Monastery entrance fee
- Meals 3 times a day during the trek
- Accommodation in 2 men tent and porters during the trekking period
- Transportation by Land cruiser and supporting truck.
Cost does not include:
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- Lunch and dinner except trekking period
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency rescue
- Tips and personal expenses
- Photography charges
- Any cost arising from Landslides, road blockage hiring extra porters, extra transport cost
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
0 Reviews on Kharta Valley Trek View All