Island Peak Climbing Guide / Imja Tse Peak, Cost & Itinerary details 2019
The Island Peak climbing is a fascinating trip to peak of snow with stunning looks and surrounding fully clothed in white color standing proud like an island. The Island Peak is 6189 meters tall and officially known as Imja Tse which is a locale word for Island Peak and belongs to mountains of Everest region of Nepal. The Island Peak is an easy climbing peak in compare to other and it is the practice mountain for Everest Climbers during their training. The Island Peak lies in the mid-central of the higher Chukhung valley resembling an island standing proud in the sea of ice. The Island Peak is the most chosen climbing peak as this peak was training exercise for Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay who were the first climbers of this peak. The Island Peak is categorized as moderate and easy mountain based on authorized mountain standard and can be climbed by general climbers or novice climber with formal training on mountaineering expedition.
The Island Peak is an easy going travel destination with 40 minutes air-flight to Lukla airport of Everest region from Kathmandu city. The climbers from Lukla hike to Namche Bazar which generally take two days of easy walking. The climbers rest for some days at Namche Bazar for acclimatization until they are found fit as Altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness is very important as people can die of suffocation due to problem in breathing. The trekking trail to Island Peak follows the same traditional Everest Base Camp Trail until Dingboche. The climbers from Dingboche follow the trekking trail towards Island Peak Base Camp. The most recommended season to climb Island Peak is March to May and September to November rest months have risk of bad weather during middle of the trip and climbing.
Island Peak Climbing day by day details itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, drive to hotel, overnight stay in Kathmandu
Day 02: Free day, Welcome Dinner in the evening, overnight stay in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800 m). Walk from Lukla to Phagding (2,600 m) (3 h ), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 04: Walk from Phagding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m) (4 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 05: Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar (3,440 m), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 06: Walk from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,780 m) (6 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 07: Walk from Tengboche to Dingboche (5 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 08: Walk from Dingboche to Island Basecamp (4,970 m) (4 h), overnight stay in camp
Day 09: Acclimatisation day Island Basecamp (4,970 m), overnight stay in camp
Day 10: Walk/Climbing from Island Basecampt to Island Highcamp (5,600 m) (4 h), overnight stay in camp
Day 11: Climbing from Island Highcamp to Island Peak (6,160 m) and back to Island Basecamp (4,970 m), overnight stay in camp
Day 12: Walk from Island Basecampt to Dingboche (4,343 m) (7 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 13: Walk from Dingboche to Namche Bazzar (3,440 m) (6 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 14: Walk from Namche Bazzar to Lukla (7 h), overnight stay in teahouse/ lodge
Day 15: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, Airport pick up, drive to hotel, overnight stay in Kathmandu
Day 16: Free day and shopping in Kathmandu, Welfare Dinner in the evening, overnight stay in Kathmandu
Day 17: Drive to Airport, flight back
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Mera peak trekking map.
- Both ways domestic flight from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- peak permit
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Meals your self Kathmandu (L+D).
- climbing equipemen
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.
Jeans or slacks
Towel and toilet kit
Gloves or mittens
Sleeping bag, warm to 20 degrees F, either down or fibrefill (or you can rent one in Kathmandu)
Parka, down or fibre fill; a ski jacket is ok
Sweater, wool shirt or acrylic pile jacket
Duffel bag, canvas or nylon, without a frame (for porters to carry)
Daypack or rucksack, waterproof, for you to carry
Water bottle 1 liter or 1 quart; be sure that it does not leak
We INSIST that an appropriate insurance policy is taken out which covers travel in isolated and mountainous areas, and which also includes helicopter rescue.
We recommend that you consult a reputable travel agent or insurance specialist.
We recommend that all clients consult their doctor to discuss the health issues associated with their trek. We also recommend that clients bring their own personal first aid kit to supplement the comprehensive first aid kit carried by the Trek Leader
Please ensure that you allow at least 1 month to complete a course of vaccinations. Whilst your personal doctor will be the final authority,
We recommend the following
Immunoglobulin (for Hepatitis A)
0 Reviews on Island Peak Climbing Guide / Imja Tse Peak, Cost & Itinerary details 2019 View All