Gokyo Valley Trek ~ 10 Days
Trekking, Historical and Sherpa Cultural Excursion
Trekking in the Shadow of the world highest peak, Mt Everest and Sherpa Land
Best Everest view from Gokyo Ri and Beautiful Gokyo Lake
The Gokyo valley Trek (2022) is a travel adventure taking the tourists to the Gokyo Valley of Everest region which is the home of the highest hill of the world Gokyo Ri and several Himalayan r lakes collectively known as Gokyo Lakes. The Gokyo Lakes region are the one of the highest altitude wetlands and freshwater lake system designated as a Ramsar Site. There are total 19 Gokyo Lakes in the Gokyo valley and all of them are freshwater system. There is a small village named a Gokyo on the foothills of Gokyo Ri along the eastern short of Gokyo Cho Lake. It is small village that caters the tourists which normally closes at winter due to extreme cold and snow fall. The Gokyo Ri is the highest hill of 5357 meters that have the proud height to look straight at Mount Everest. The Gokyo valley Trek is a trekking in the gokyo valley traversing through delightful valleys, crystal clear blue and green lakes, world’s biggest ice glacier called ngozumpa glacier dominated by nearest mountains of Everest Himalaya range.
The travelers take the air-flight of lukla airport followed by trekking to Namche bazar to Phakding. The main highlighted feature of the Gokyo Valley is its location which is a magical place that is residing in the foothills of Himalayas and is full of blue glacier lakes dominated by Himalayas of Mount Makalu, Mount Lhotse, Mount Cho-Oyu and Mount Everest in a single line. The Gokyo valley and Gokyo Lakes is a holy region for both hindu and Buddhists and it is the place for pilgrimage. The Gokyo region is inhabited by solitary Tibetan-Buddhist civilization of sherpas with antique establishments of centuries years old. In the end of the trip the tourists return to Lukla airport to take air-flight to Kathmandu city.
Gokyo valley Trekking /Trek permits & fees 2022/2023
For the Gokyo valley Trek, you will need 2 different types’ permits. These are: Local Area Permit: US$ 20 per person ( Khumbu gaupali Permit ). Sagarmatha National Park entry permit: US$ 30 including with government VAT
Gokyo valley Package Cost 2022/2023
The standard cost of a Gokyo valley trek package Cost of booking a trek online to Gokyo valley Prices range per person from USD$900 to 1100$USD for an average 9 – 12 days trek.
Food and Accommodation on your Gokyo valley Trek 2022/2023
There are good and clean accommodations during a Gokyo valley trek. We use the best lodges on offer to make sure you have the most comfortable experience on your journey to Gokyo valley Trek ( Gokyo Ri trek ).
Best Season for a gokyo lake trekking in Nepal
As with most treks/ hikes in Nepal, the best times to do it are spring (Feb 115th – to May end) and autumn (September-November). In these months the weather is likely to be clear and daytime temperatures warm but only evening and morning it be cold. The Khumbu region, however, is known to be particularly cold and dry, and many trekkers/ Hikers develop the ‘Khumbu cough’ due to the dry dust.
It is usually possible to trek in the summer/monsoon and winter seasons, but greater preparation for difficult conditions is required, and you may not get clear views during days.
Good to Know
Dear Our Valued Clients Namaste from Nepal Guides
We are pleased to inform you that we have resumed our services such as Mountaineering, Trekking, Hiking and Tours in Nepal strictly following protocols issued by the Nepal government authorities.
Followings are the important information for our clients / Guests
• It is strongly recommended that all tourists coming to Nepal should acquire visa before arriving in Nepal via the Nepalese consulate or the embassy— of the country you are departing from—on their own. If it is not possible for you to obtain visa on your own, we will assist you to obtain the visa prior to your arrival after you confirmed your bookings with us.
• Our clients immunized with two doses of COVID- 19 vaccines do not need to stay in quarantine. A vaccination certificate is mandatory. Clients will have to take another PCR test in Kathmandu. Once they show a negative test report, they are free to continue their travel plan.
• Our non-vaccinated clients have to bring a negative PCR test report no older than 72 hours before leaving for Nepal. They also have to take another PCR test upon arrival. After showing a negative PCR test report, they are free to resume their travel plans.
• Our clients must have Insurance against Covid-19 worth at least 5,000/– (Five thousand US Dollars) and produce related document upon your arrival in Nepal.
We welcome you to Nepal 2022 to rejuvenate yourself. Please contact us for any further assistance and information. See you soon Namaste!!!
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and Pick up (Transfer to Hotel & Trip briefing) Stay overnight in Thamel nice and clean hotel
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Sightseeing (Durbar Square and world heritage sites) Stay overnight in Thamel
Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830m) flight and trek to Phakding (2,610m) – 4 hours walk Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,450m) – 6 to 7 hours walk and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 05: Explore day in Namche – Hike to Everest View Hotel (3860 m) or KHUMJUNG Hilary School , and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Fourche Village (3810m) – 6 hours walk and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo Village ( 4,470m) – 5 hours walk and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 08: Machhermo to Gokyo (4780m) – 6 Hours walk and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 09: Morning hike to Gokyo Ri (5320m) and trek back to Dole – 7 Hours and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazzar 6 to 7 hr walk and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 11: Trek to Lukla and Stay overnight clean and nice guest house
Day 12: Morning flight back to Kathmandu and rest (explore around Thamel)
Day 13: Depart from Kathmandu towards your own destinations.
Equipment Check List for Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek
• Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
• Trekking shoes.
• Sports shoes or sandal.
• Trekking stick.
• Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap.
• Trekking jacket
• Gore tax/ flees jacket.
• Pullover or warm sweeter.
• 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
• Hand gloves.
• 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
• 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
• 3/4 pairs of Underwear
• Eye glass
• Water bottle.
• 4 season’s Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
• Flash or Torch light.
• Camera and batteries.
As per your request
1. Travel Insurance
2. Health Insurance
3. Guide/Potter Insurance
1 Reviews on Gokyo Valley Trek ~ 10 Days View All