Nepal Travel advice
Kathmandu Valley 3-Day Trek: Chisapani to Nagarkot 2018 / Itinerary, Package cost – Guide Service
Experience stunning views of the northern mountains of the Himalayas and hike through forests of pine and oak on a 3-day trek of the Kathmandu Valley. See the oldest temple of the valley; visit a village of the Tamang ethnic people, and more.
Highlights to Nagarkot trek
• Get up close to Nepali culture in the Kathmandu Valley
• Hike the oak and pine forests of the Shivapuri National Park
• Go to the oldest temple of the Kathmandu Valley
• See the terraced fields of Changunarayan
• Admire panoramic views of Everest from Nagarkot
• Enjoy the services of experienced guides and local sherpas
Full description about Kathmandu valley to Nagarkot trek
Enjoy a unique 3-day trek of the Kathmandu Valley, hiking the lush landscape of the Shivapuri National Park. Walk through dense forests of oak, pine, and rhododendron. Watch the sunrise over Nargarkot, marvel at the terraces en route to the temple of Changu Narayan, sleep in lodge or mountain teahouse accommodation, and get the most breathtaking vista of the Himalayas, stretching from Dhaulagiri past Everest to Kanchenjunga Nepal Planet trek and Expedition every days organized this hike and trek .
Day 1: Transfer to Sundarijal – Trek to Chisapani Maximum Altitude: 7,545 Feet / 2,300 Meters
Transfer from Kathmandu to Sundarijal by private vehicle and admire the Nepalese scenery on the 1-hour drive. Start your 4.5-hour trek upon arrival in Chisapani, entering the spectacular Shivapuri National Park. Established in 2002, the park provides panoramic views of the jagged peaks of the 2nd highest mountain in the Kathmandu Valley, as well as an abundance of pine and oak forest flora, fed by the fertile watershed landscape.
Along the way, you will come to the village of Mulkharka, home to the traditional Tamang people. Descend the mountain trails to Chisapani, where you will check in to your overnight lodge accommodation.
Day 2: Trek to Nagarkot Maximum Altitude: 6,889 / 2,100 Meters
Wake to see the heart-stopping snow-capped mountain views to the north. After breakfast, start your 2.5-hour trek to Chauki Bhanjag, where you will pause for lunch with the mountains of the north as your backdrop. The afternoon, 3-hour descent takes you to Nagarkot, where on a clear day you can see the Himalayas stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchenjunga in the east. Check into your hotel accommodation for the night.
Day 3: Trek to Changunarayan – Transfer to Kathmandu
your last day’s trek takes you to Changunarayan, a hike of about 3.5 hours. The most popular walk around Kathmandu, the route leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to Changu Narayan Temple, where beautiful views of the village of Sankhu and the Bhaktapur area await. Built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma, and said to be the oldest temple in the valley, Changu Narayan is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings.
Your transfer to Kathmandu will be waiting, giving you the opportunity to finally rest your legs on the drive back to the city. Check into your Kathmandu accommodation and say goodbye to your guides and fellow travelers Nepal Planet treks give a farewell dinner in Kathmandu .
What’s included during the trek?
• One night Deluxe twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu on arrival day only
• All local transportation by private vehicle in Kathmandu
• Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu
• Transfers from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Changunarayan to Kathmandu by private van
• Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and coffee daily) during the trek
• Accommodation in a teahouse or lodge during the trek
• English-speaking trek leader with first aid and eco-training
• Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park entry fee and permit
• Down jacket and 4 seasons sleeping bag if need (to be returned after the trip)
• All government and local taxes
What’s not included during the trek ?
• Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle
• International flights and departure taxes
• Lunch and dinner in the city
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills and extra porters)
• Tips for the driver, guides, and porters
• Any service not mentioned in “what’s included”