Ama Dablam Expedition Guide / Camping / Itinerary 2017
Mount Ama Dablam of 6,812 meter altitude is a popular mountain of Everest region renowned for its beautiful outlook deriving its name from the glacier of southwest face. The glacier resembles a jewel box hanging on the neck of the mountain which further resembles the jewel box necklace on the neck to Himalayan Sherpa women. So the mountain was given name as My Mother’s Jewel box necklace in locale language leading to the name as Ama Dablam where Ama is Mother and Dablam is jewel box.
The Ama Dablam Expedition is an exciting mountain climbing ascending over one of the most wanted Himalayas of Everest region. The Mount Ama Dablam is a renowned mountain for its beautiful looks since a long time. The Mount Ama Dablam is looks like a pyramid of ice with sharp ridges. The mountain is difficult in climbing due to its steep snow and ice glacier lying over rocky foundation. The ascend to the top is made through South-west ridge route. The Ama Dablam Expedition is scheduled with three high camp beside the first base camp. The climbing to High-camp1 is easy climbing as regular mountaineering expedition ending at High-Camp2. The route from High-Camp2 is mostly covered with steep alley ways of rock, snow, ice glacier, ice tunnel going over the ridge of snow that takes the climbers to High-Camp3. The climb from Camp3 is a steep climb towards the huge hanging glacier of the mountain or the Dablam which is a bergschrund. The final landing on the top is a long steep climb over the snow and ice glacier to the summit. The summit of Mount Ama Dablam has the rewarding views of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Island Peak, Mount Makalu, Khumbu Himalayas and rest of the surrounding mountains.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel (1340m) stay overnight
Day 02 Preparation day in Kathmandu
Day 03 Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2800m) approx 4 hrs
Day 04 Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 6hrs walk)
Day 05 Namche Bazaar rest day for acclimatization, you may walk to Everest view Hotel (3800m approx 2 hrs) seen Everest range mountain, back to Namche and visit Hilary and Sherpa museum.
Day 06 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Pangboche
Day 07 Trek to Ama Dablam Base camp (4400m Approx 4 hrs walk)
Day 08 Base Camp preparation.
Day 09-26 Climbing period
Day 27 Trek from Ama Dablam base camp to Namche
Day 28 Trek back to Lukla
Day 29 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 30 Final Departure
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast (3 star)
- Permit fee of Ama Dablam 6812m. Expedition
- Food for Trekking and expedition period
- Expedition crew: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porters or Yak porter Lukla to Base camp & Base camp to Lukla
- Kathmandu -Lukla – Kathmandu flights with Cargo 50 KG per member
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Mess tent, Store tent, Table and chairs trekking for the expedition
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Fare well dinner
Cost does not include:
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Walkie Talkie permit & personal satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator
- Personal expenses
- Bar Bills & beverage
- Garbage Deposit and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage to Namche Bazaar & Kathmandu.
0 Reviews on Ama Dablam Expedition Guide / Camping / Itinerary 2017 View All